How many of your Facebook friends do you truly know in real-life? How many of them do you see on a regular basis?
Uniiverse can spark real-life interactions between you and someone new, but we also want to help you stay closer to your friends and family. Your personal network is extremely important, and we’re happy to announce a new Uniiverse feature that allows you to share brilliantly with the people who matter most. Introducing (drumroll please…) listing invisibility cloaks! (just kidding…sort of) You can now create private and semi-private listings on Uniiverse.
Here’s how it works. When you create a listing, you can now select exactly who can see and book it. You can choose for it to be:
- available to the general public
- available to just your Facebook friends
- available to select people (unlisted and password protected listings)
Uniiverse is even more powerful now that you can share with specific people. Sometimes less is more.
We’re excited to see (and not see) what ideas you come-up with using this powerful tool:
- Invite friends to a party or get-together. Split the cost of drinks, food or entertainment. They can pay you directly through the site!
- Invite friends to a fun weekend away. Going on a ski trip? Split the cost of accommodation and transportation. Ride-share!
- Create a private service that only your friends or loved ones can book. Remember giving mom coupons when you were a kid? Go high tech this year and offer her access to a yearlong Mother’s Day helper!
- Share an item or space with only your friends (you might not share certain things with the whole world, but you’d share it with friends, maybe for a cheaper price, or even for free!)
Now, to drop some science: the average Facebook user has 245 friends – but that’s more than what’s known as the “Dunbar Number”. Research from the University of Oxford suggests that there’s a natural limit to the number of relationships humans can process: about 150 people. With Uniiverse, you can now build mini sharing economies with the people who matter to you. Or, share with the world and bring new people into your circles!
We’re very excited to make this option available. You can share what you want, with whom you want, when you want! Keep the Uniiverse close, and your network even closer.