Attention people of the Uniiverse! Do you have questions about the Sharing Economy? Thoughts on the future of collaborative consumption? Any type of feedback regarding our platform? Well now is your time to shine!
Uniiverse is organizing a Twitter chat called #ShiftToShare every Thursday from 3 - 4pm EST, launching May 31st! There will be plenty of opportunities to SHARE your opinions with other members of the Uniiverse and learn from those immersed in the sharing economy. To get involved, simply follow along at the hashtag #ShiftToShare, and if you want to get in on the conversation yourself just be sure to include the hashtag in your tweet!
The chat will be centred around a specific topic each week, and will include a variety of thought provoking questions to give everyone involved some perspective, and to encourage discussion and debate surrounding the sharing economy. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to ask questions, SHARE insights, and post interesting articles and ideas. Even if you don’t want to contribute, we still urge everyone to follow along at #ShiftToShare to broaden your knowledge. See you on Thursday!
As April comes to a close, we should all think back about what we’ve done to improve the environment – why? Because April is Earth Month! Did you know? If not, no need to fret because Earth day is TODAY, and we want to celebrate and let you know some simple things you can do to make a difference and get a little greener.
Here are 5 ways you can use Uniiverse to go green:
1. Planning to drive anywhere? You can organize a carpool on Uniiverse! Let’s reduce the amount of cars on the road.
2. Share, don’t toss – borrow, don’t shop! If you have belongings lying around the house that you rarely use, lend your items to someone else via Uniiverse. Avoid buying something if you’re only going to use it once. Instead, see if anyone is offering to share items with you on Uniiverse.
3. Have a green thumb? Find some like-minded people to share your garden with on Uniiverse. Grow some local produce. Plant a tree.
4. Want to get around the city but don’t have a bike? See if anyone in your area if offering to lend theirs out on Uniiverse. Have a fixie, road or mountain bike you rarely use? Let someone else borrow your bike.
5. Have something to teach people about lifestyles that will improve their well-being? Have some green tips and tricks? Offer a class or workshop!
I just got one last thing, I urge all of you, all of you, to enjoy your life, the precious moments you have. To spend each day with some laughter and some thought, to get your emotions going. To be enthusiastic every day and Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Nothing great could be accomplished without enthusiasm,” to keep your dreams alive in spite of problems whatever you have……
….Don’t give up, don’t ever give up….”
When is the last time you got your hands messy? Have you stepped out of the box to try something new lately? Uniiverse can help you do something different and exciting. Escape the mundane and enjoy life.
It’s easy to sit around and think of all the things you want to experience. Perhaps you want to learn a new language, become a photographer, cook an exotic dish, paint on a giant canvas, take a road trip to a new city, or meet new people in your community.
Life is all about experiences and the time we spend.
Last week, ten friendly strangers booked a Uniiverse listing called “Michal’s Gnocchi Making Class.”
Michal loves to cook and wanted to share her passion for food by teaching others how to make a popular Italian dish. Attendees enjoyed a unique outing at the end of the day, instead of sitting on the computer, or watching television. The results were pretty tasty - amateurs became experts, new friends were made, and hands got messy! Check out some photos from the class.
Get out of your routine and start exploring what the Uniiverse has to offer.